Map Feature

Tagged: ,

• Map Feature

Posted by CODGC Team on October 12, 2023 at 5:13 pm

Do you think having a map to find near players would enhance your experience on here?

How important is it on a scale of 1-10? (1 being = not at all, 5 being = nice-to-have, 10 being = it’s a necessity)

• Find players based of the location they listed on their Player Profile
    • Find players near you (after turning on your location)

We’re considering creating a geo-location map feature that shows where players are located. Let us know if this would add value when searching for players to meet up with.

Dave Baumrucker replied 9 months, 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Callum Lothbrook-Mathers

October 12, 2023 at 5:42 pm

Not seeing the value here. Most players are going to meet others on the course, and within already existing social media groups that are geo specific or course specific.

• Josh Deibert

October 12, 2023 at 6:47 pm

I would say it’s a 5

Like Callum mentioned, most people have their groups already figured out, but I do like finding new folks to play with and having CODGC as the common ground makes it nicer to have.

• Kurt Thomits

October 12, 2023 at 7:49 pm

I agree with the other guys on this one. Its a 5 maybe. Has the potential to have a high creep factor. It would be cool to have something where you could organize based on location if you were going to be playing alone and wanted a partner or two to play with. Not sure how possible this would be but it would be neat if i could see other solos location when i am at the course for that course only, like having that function only work when you are geolocated at a specific location.

That would be a value add if you had not already planned out a round in another medium.

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
    October 12, 2023 at 8:36 pm

Thank you for the insight on this! We have been going back and forth on if we like it or if it will be more problematic (creepy factor).

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
    October 12, 2023 at 8:42 pm

Thoughts – if this was a toggle on / toggle off (based on turning on or turning off your phone’s location) does that change feelings on this?

• Brian McGinnis

October 12, 2023 at 11:18 pm

I’d say a 4-5, like UDisc and the ‘find near by’ (or whatever it actually says) can totally see negative experiences. Just my opinion though.

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
        October 13, 2023 at 11:59 am

The reflection is appreciated!

• BJ White

October 16, 2023 at 8:26 am

5 for me too. Nice to have. If you can toggle, even better.

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
        October 16, 2023 at 10:55 am

Thanks for the insights!