Which Disc Manufacturers are Winning? Losing?

• Reid Williams

July 8, 2023 at 11:48 am

i throw mostly mvp. i love the quality, the plastics variety and the gyro can’t be beat! they 100% get my vote for “winning”

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
      July 8, 2023 at 1:01 pm

I am there with you. I have historically always thrown Innova and Discraft, however my bag continues to grow with more MVP / Axiom discs. There is something about the plastic (or production) that makes their discs feel very comfortable in my hands (putters, mids, and fairway drivers). That being said, there is a drop off for me with their high speed drivers (10 – 14 speed) and I do find myself sticking with Innova and Discraft for these discs.

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
    July 30, 2023 at 6:50 pm

What brands / companies are the winners and losers of 2023? …as we enter into the second half of the 2023 season?

• Jacob Canfield

August 2, 2023 at 8:53 am

Started with Innova back in 2017. I’ve branched out to most of the known brands, but always fall back to Innova. I bag with Innova molded discs. That includes Infinite and OG Discmania.

Innova has been winning, just has more competition now with these new brands coming out.

I do believe it’s more of a personal choice of what fellow discers want to throw.

• Matthew Fuller

August 4, 2023 at 7:46 am

As a new player, I’ve been mostly playing with dynamic disc starter lineup. I’ve also thrown a few disc mania and innova discs recently and honestly they all feel like they have their place, even though it may not be in my bag. I’ve been eyeballing some of the premium prodigy and lone star disc lineup for future investment. With all of these brands I have noticed: large followings, pro sponsorships, and a typically cooperative marketing space. This is just the observations I’ve made and are by no means accurate.

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
    July 31, 2023 at 9:34 pm

I absolutely agree that Trash Panda is doing some great things. You can never know the future however, the idea of using recycled material to make a high performing product is a win-win in my book. It will be interesting to see if this movement launches other brands / companies into the recycle-reduce-reuse mentality for a cleaner and greener future!