Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect
with the world of disc golf.

CODGC 2024 HOME Forums What Makes A Great League? What is your opinion on handicaps?

Tagged: ,

• Dave Baumrucker

Administrator
    July 7, 2023 at 9:46 pm

When I have played different leagues, I have found that implementing handicaps can be beneficial if you have players coming from a diverse background of skills and experience. That being said, ususally there are different divisions within leagues and in those cases I think it is easier to keep everything handicap free (but be diligent in placing people in their correct division)

• Ozark Disc Golf

July 8, 2023 at 3:09 pm

Different divisions is interesting, I like the idea! We have a handicap league and the problem we run into is new players start the season playing bad but as the year progresses they get better(which is great) and their handicap shoots them to the top and they usually beat the better players in the end.

• Andy Flemm

July 9, 2023 at 9:57 am

How are your league’s handicaps calculated? Ours are only based on a player’s last three rounds, so as players improve, their handicaps drop accordingly.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Andy Flemm.
        • Ozark Disc Golf

July 9, 2023 at 10:02 pm

I’m not exactly sure of how the point spread works, but the handicap changes every three rounds with ours as well.

• Scott Lamb

July 9, 2023 at 10:14 am

As a new player (roughly a year and a half?) I am in a handicap league. I enjoy it because it gives me and everyone else a chance to actually compete.

• Ozark Disc Golf

July 11, 2023 at 5:21 pm

I respect that! Would you be okay with a league that had divisions?