Events Calendar

• Events Calendar

Posted by CODGC Team on September 29, 2023 at 4:16 pm

Looking into an events integration, what are your thoughts on this?

• Full access to event calendar (monthly, weekly, daily view) scroll block appearance is optional
    • All members can add events and organizers
    • Non-Sanctioned (using our event calendar)
    • Sanctioned (post with Disc Golf Scene to register with the PDGA) post link within CODGC event post
    • Create all-day events & multiple day events
    • Event timezone & countdown & RSVP
    • Show event as “On-Time” “Delayed” “Cancelled” “Rescheduled” organizers can change event status
    • Event ‘Tags’ to show “Recreational” “Novice” to “Pro” “Sanctioned” “Unsanctioned” etc.
    • Add to calendar (Google, iCal, Outlook, etc.)
    • Simple and Advanced Google Maps direction feature
    • Create Event Tickets (CODGC may decide to do a small % hosting/processing fee)
    • Event Cancellation from User Profile

Scott Howard replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 7 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Brandy Baumrucker

Organizer
    September 29, 2023 at 5:19 pm
  • Chris Leonard

September 29, 2023 at 5:30 pm

Anyway to get discgolfscene to automatically feed your calendar? With dgu going under there aren’t many options left

• CODGC Team

Organizer
      September 29, 2023 at 5:57 pm

Because DGS and the PDGA event listing is their main resource that appears to be private without any way to integrate their events in we’re not sure this can be done right now. It doesn’t appear to be open source at this time, we’d need to speak directly with the PDGA and their dev team to explore options, yet our events software may have limitations that are still unknown until we begin developement.

How of a barrier to entry is it to add an event to our calendar that you already have created on DGS? This would be a copy and past of the link into the CODGC event page. Correct me if I’m wrong, it appears that TDs have to create their event on DGS as a starting point.

Our goal is to enhance and create conveniences with everything all in one space, so events have been tricky to start due to barriers to accessing the existing events as a feed from DGS and PDGA.

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
      October 2, 2023 at 5:00 pm

We are working on a idea that should bring everything together all in one space… we’ll have more details in the coming weeks!

• Steven Komrofske

September 30, 2023 at 11:31 pm

Very useful!

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
      October 2, 2023 at 5:02 pm

We’re chasing a solution down!

• Brandon Duncan

October 4, 2023 at 4:05 pm

Awesome idea.

• Scott Howard

October 5, 2023 at 1:29 pm

Honestly, I liked the original event listing setup you had. The main reason I slowed my use of this app was the removal of that feature (and the newer one wasn’t great) cause I mainly wanted to use it for League events.

• Dave Baumrucker

Organizer
      October 5, 2023 at 3:11 pm

I appreciate the reflection. We are working on an events solution that we feel will really benefit both the organizers and attendees.

• Scott Howard

October 5, 2023 at 5:40 pm

That’s great to hear! Looks like a lot of new stuff, I’ll have to get back into it 🥏